Daniels Auto Service began in 1939 when two brothers, John and Marvin Daniels Sr., left the family farm in Athens Georgia for Detroit Michigan in the late 1920's. John, the eldest, a natural at mechanics, took his younger brother, Marvin, to Detroit to find employment in the automotive trade. They earned a successful living until the onslaught of the Great Depression. Word spread that employment opportunities were still available in the Chicago area, so they moved to Wilmette, where Daniels Auto Service was established. This was over 70 years ago. To this day, it is still family owned and operated by Marvin Daniels Jr.